V-Excel Remedial Centre
All children, irrespective of their ability level, need education. For most children learning is a natural process, facilitated further by a nurturing environment. However, for some, school years are extremely traumatic as they are unable to cope academically, psychologically and/or socially. These children perform below their age-level in class, dislike or avoid reading or writing tasks, have an awkward pencil grip, reverse letters or numbers while reading or writing, are unable to remember what is taught, lose things and seem disorganized. While they appear to not listen, have a short attention span, get easily distracted/frustrated and blame others, they are actually facing genuine neuro-developmental issues. They also have difficulty with social relationships and communication, and in learning or performing new tasks. Teachers and parents brand them as failures and mischief-makers as they are in low confidence and a fear of examinations, generally manifest behavioral issues at home and/or school.
Remedial intervention becomes extremely essential for systematically educating and empowering such children who are slow learners or have learning disabilities like Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, and Dyscalculia. We teach them the way they can learn.
Our objectives are to -
• mainstream children with special needs through early identification and remedial intervention
• improve the child's developmental, educational and social gains by enabling integration
• guide teachers on effective managing strategies for integrating children in their classrooms
• educate parents and teachers to appreciate issues around developmental delays and disabilities
At the V-Excel Remedial Centre, we assist every child through the following steps:
• Conduct a comprehensive assessment of the developmental and learning gaps of the child
• Design an Individualized Remedial Education Plan and ensure that it is dynamic in nature
• Execute the remedial plan through a one-on-one interaction using structured programs to bridge the gaps in the child’s learning skills
• Include in group sessions to improve language, social and communication skills.
• Supplement with therapeutic interventions such as art therapy, play therapy, occupational therapy and counseling to address the child’s emotional, behavioral and motor problems.
• Carry out periodic monitoring and document the child’s intervention and progress
• Review and revise the child’s plan and set new goals depending on the progress
• Have meetings with parents and interact with the school for tracking the child's improvement
The beneficiaries of our remedial program are children –
a. Potentially ‘at-risk’ for, or already have, Learning Disabilities (e.g., Dyslexia).
b. with mild condition of Autism, Intellectual Disabilities, Attention Deficit Disorders (ADD/ADHD)
c. who are unable to attend any school and need to develop learning readiness skills
d. those who need to go through a pull-out program and be integrated again in the mainstream