Youth Empowerment Service
Youth Empowerment Services is a partnership venture between Dr. Sudhir Krishnamurthi and V-Excel Educational Trust.
It was created with the vision to provide vocational guidance, training and support to children and young adults with developmental disabilities.
- To ensure complete independence in adaptive life skills
- To develop self-determination skills in the emotional, social and practical realms
- To empower students to have career options either through aided self-employment and in sheltered workshops or in an inclusive setting by realms for dignified living developing functional and pragmatic skills
These objectives will be addressed through various work skills which include the following:
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Assembly
- Printing and Documentation Solutions
- Laundry and Housekeeping
- Kitchen and Culinary Skills
- Gardening and Horticulture
- Functional academics through vocations
Group therapy sessions, communication training, field visits, one-on-one counselling, presentations from community workers, overnight trips, walkathons, rallies, volunteering activities form a part of their curriculum for holistic personality development.